Established since 2003, the finance team has a solid foundation in the field of finance outsourcing. Confident in their position as offshore partners, the team focuses on developing effective and efficient back-office capabilities to create the foundation to support the onshore teams in achieving enhanced value for the customers.
Believing that finance outsourcing consists of more than simply processing financial transactions faster and more cheaply, the finance team work in close collaboration with the Business Improvement Group to streamline the processes, remove waste and achieve operational efficiency.
Finance operations services in Ceridian
How are we structured in Ceridian?
Here in Ceridian, we have the responsibility for invoicing customers for services in the UK. Our objective is to issue timely and accurate invoices whilst being fully compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
The Mauritius Team handles the following Billing processes:
- Accounts Receivable and Contract set-up New customer's data and agreed pricing relevant to specific services delivered by Ceridian are set up on a financial system to produce automated invoicing on a monthly basis.
- Customer Invoicing.
- Queries- Queries from sales team and customers regarding billing history and individual billing respectively.
- Monthly Reports.
We support our UK colleagues in service delivery of the Accounts Payable process. The Mauritius Team currently handles the following processes:
- Booking of Supplier invoices.
- Raising and receipting of Purchasing Orders.
- Payment of invoices- All invoices are settled before the are due via a weekly Bank Automated Clearing System (BACS).
- Queries- Attend to various telephone calls or emails queries from vendors and Ceridian UK.
- Vendor Statement reconciliation- Monthly reconciliation of vendor statements to identify outstanding invoices and other discrepancies.
- Cash Forecast- Process of forecasting the monthly expenses for the forthcoming month.
Financial Reporting and Planning
The UK Financial Reporting and Planning Team were established in 2004 to provide support to the UK teams. We currently handle the following processes:
- Assist in preparing and compiling month-end financial results.
- Variance analysis.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Forecasting, control and reporting of Capital-Expenditure.
US Purchasing / AP
The US Purchasing/AP process was successfully transitioned in October 2011 and we support our US colleagues in service delivery of the Accounts Payable process. The Mauritius Team currently handles the following processes:
- Process requisitions into purchase orders using Oracle R12
- Validating POs to meet 3 way match requirement
- Provide Quality Check during PO process to ensure 3-way match
- Process PO invoices and non PO invoices in the Acorde Platform while matching key required category data from the invoice with that of the PO lines in Oracle R12
- Managing inquiries from the Ceridian Business units.
US Billing Data Entry/Order Management
We support our US colleagues in service delivery of the Billing Data Entry and Order Management. The Mauritius Team currently handles the following processes:
- Consist of customer set up on Oracle
- Billing Account Maintenance and cancellation activities
- Attend to customer requests to update billing address
- Attend to customer requests to update billing contact names
- Attend to customer requests to have their invoice delivered via mail, email or both